Click on a position to see the job details and requirements.
Compensation: $30.00 per hour
Job Type: Part-Time (15 hour/week)
Pay Schedule: Bi-weekly
Travel Required: Some
Responsible for the successful execution of outreach and training activities for the organization in a variety of agricultural programs.
USDA Program Outreach and Training
- Develop an outreach process for connecting potential farmer and rancher candidates with United States Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) services and technical assistance.
- Support website upgrades and recruitment video design.
- Provide program/outreach content for website.
- Use research database to find and conduct outreach to potential candidates.
- Design a methodology to identify and record farmers and ranchers’ resource conservation needs and barriers to accessing USDA services.
- Conduct surveys/questionnaires/listening sessions with farmers to identify resource conservation needs and barriers preventing them from accessing USDA services.
- Determine candidate eligibility for USDA programs.
- Communicate regularly with research staff. Provide surveys to research team for data analysis and reporting.
- Design training tools and methods for connecting farmers with USDA services.
- Conduct 1:1 and group training sessions with farmers/rancher candidates about USDA services.
- Attend regular team meetings with PPLT team members.
- B.A. or B.S. in management, agriculture, education, or related field
- 3 years relevant community outreach, teaching, and/or training experience
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Proficient with online meeting applications (Zoom, Teams)
- Proficient with social media navigation and content creation
- Proficient at survey design, distribution, and analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Bilingual: Spanish/English (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
If you’re interested in one of our open positions, please fill out this form.